Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Confidences

I promise not to inflict too much songwriting on the world, but I can't help but to occasionally post lyrics. I have a hypothetical situation where I'll sing with a couple people, but on the off chance that this never hits the airways, I still wanted it out of my system.
__________________________________

Failure to Thrive
A billion memories churn
as cytoplasmic machinery spits-
every secret immortalized,
recorded in my cells, your cells.

A million chemical messages fly
as emotions blush and color.
Despite words not spoken,
my face tells you everything.

A thousand touches fade
as blood begins to quiet-
Silence falls again,
despite my memories, your memories

The wine we drank, looking out
on city lights; sang in my veins
as you sang in my ears-
A hundred remembered moments
lighting my skin on fire
like the embers you flicked away.

Confidences; failed to thrive once home
but the memories stay
in my body, your body.
___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment