Sunday, March 6, 2011

Laundry Mountains, Take Home Tests, and Being Tired.

Image courtesy of Google
Hello, March!
You kinda snuck up on me here. It's hard to believe that there's only three weeks left in this quarter of medical school, and that so soon I'll be done with the first year of medical school. This is the first week that I don't have a test in anything for the quarter, so I'm going to use the breathing room to finish all of the take home work that has been posted so far- my clinical correlates final, my biochemistry homework, maybe the biochem tutorial final. As well as, of course, studying for the finals I have next week.The paperwork never stops, and if it does, there's certainly housework left to do. (Oh, laundry mountain. Someday I will level you.)
Image courtesy of google
I've learned a lot this quarter. Abdominal exams, kidney function, communication styles (I'm sanguine/melancholic, in case you wondered.). I've been a patient nearly every week- this is the first week I've given myself off from appointments, though I still wonder if I should call my primary and ask him if I should come in.  I've learned about procedure and blood tests and grief. I've learned how much you can really find on the internet, if you try, and that mostly, none of it is ever good.  I've handled a human face cut into "book" form in lab, learned how protein digestion works in infinitesimally small steps. I know what happens to my food after I eat it, from the cephalic phase to the last mass movement.
 I'm so tired. I'm tired of everything. I'll be glad to rest over spring break, during those 4 days that we'll be away at the beach. I'm not exactly burned out, because I still love what I'm doing. I'm just burned out in interaction, at home, in motivation. I need some time to just be away, to read a book, to lay next to the husband all day and be quiet, to soak in a hot tub without thinking of how much more I need to do. I'll be glad to be still.


Image courtesy of google.

No comments:

Post a Comment