Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chassit

I am incredibly sad. I'm not sure that it counts as depression yet, though I've had an extreme decrease in appetite and in desire to go outside of my house.
Two nights ago I went with my mentor and another first year to hike mt. tabor. It was a fun walk, and that is not the part of the day that made me sad. In fact, referring to other people as "first years" kinda makes me feel like I'm a new student at Hogwarts. I got home, was feeling pretty good about the exercise and how I'd resisted a glorious concoction of berries and whipped cream, sat down to talk to my husband.....
And then...
We saw one of our cats outside of our glass patio door, looking incredibly pleased with herself and asking to come back inside. Discovering that one of the kitchen window screens had been popped out, we searched for our other cat.

He was not in the house.

He was not under the house, which is his typical go-to out of doors spot.

And now, it's 36 hours later, and he is still missing. I've called the county shelter (which is closed for labor day weekend) and put up flyers on the mailboxes and the garbage enclosure. I've put an ad on the craigslist lost and found. I've enlisted the local neighborhood kids in the search, and my husband has crawled through slime and swam through blackberries as I've cajoled and shook treat jars.

So, if you see a black and brown tortoiseshell cat, medium long fur length, neutered male, with tattooed ears reading "KRC 147", wearing a red and brown plaid harness, please call me or email me or leave me a comment or bring him home.

Every time I try to upload a picture of him to the blog it crashes my firefox for a few hours, so contact me and I'll mail you a picture.

I try not to be so upset. Everyone says "It's just a cat" or "He'll come back, he's just out skittering around" but it's My cat, my lap cat who's dumber than a box of rocks and sweeter than a box of candy.

I just want him back.

1 comment: