Friday, September 17, 2010

Stayin' Alive

I have survived the first week of medical school.
And really, after that first day, I've thrived at medical school. I love biochemistry and musculoskeletal anatomy. I love looking at someone and thinking "Wow, those deltoids are really defined. I wonder if they'd let me try to find the insertion point."  I've enjoyed the case studies and the extra homework and I've really fallen in love with body work. 

I don't get lost on the way to school anymore, and I got my parking pass today so that I don't have to worry about coordinating the 2-hour-long-5-transfer-quickest-mass-transportation-route home after my latest class.

My classmates know me as "the wolverine girl" which is quite likely the most awesome nickname I've ever had. These are my people. We're already like a huge family, and I love my section mates. We have such a variety of people! From hawiian botanists to mayan archeologists to broadway actresses,  there's so many strengths represented.

<3

(Also, I got my financial aid check. cha Ching!)

1 comment: