Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Good morning, murderers!"

More than 300 unique visitors! What an exciting number- I feel like maybe I'm helping someone. Somewhere. With...?

Anyways- Let me move on to more pressing issues.

Firstly, I am ready for thanksgiving break.
I've completed the final marathon of tests and preparation before the finals kick in, and I'm honestly ready to crash for a while. I'm blessed to be able to attend the Naturopathic Gathering to kick off the break. After three blissful days of concentrated philosophy, I will be able to stay with friends who I rarely get to see, and then I intend to swing back by my alma mater and practice with whomever I can talk into filling out patient sheets. One of the major disadvantages of attending a school of 80% women is that I rarely get male patient practice. I'm really looking forward to some solid and excellent practice time, as well as just the joy of seeing old friends.
And a week off. Did I mention, a week off?
A week where I'm not memorizing 30 some odd pages of medical facts...lovely! I can hardly wait!

Secondly, I'm going to learn how to snowboard. Soon.
Living in the Pacific Northwest, I really have no excuse for not already knowing how to do this. This year I'm going to bite the bullet, put my adventurous pants on, and go explore new frontiers in the snow covered world! I was surprised at how affordable it is to get a lesson and a lift ticket, and rent equipment. I suppose the expensive part of the hobby is getting your own equipment. And snow clothes suitable for physical activity. I have nothing really useful for falling at high velocity down a hill. 
I'm so excited!

Thirdly, have I mentioned I'm (still!) growing?
It's a little ludicrous, but I kinda like it. It gives me all sorts of excuses- like, "I'm tired, I'm going to go sleep for 14 hours. It's ok, I'm growing." Granted, it's a little hard to pull this off and go to med school at the same time. I'm managing so far, though midterms were a bit killer for me.
On an unrelated note- I've noticed a gradient of how much worse it can get. The second years look at us first years and say "oh, just you wait" while I look at undergrad complaining and think "Wow, I wish I had that little to do." Everything is so much more of a crisis when you're actually in the situation. I'm glad that at some point, I'll be able to look at this whole experience and say that it was so much easier back in my first/second/ ect. years. I hear it's easier when you're not prepping for a test every day, but I think that having someone's actual life and well being as my responsibility may make it harder yet. On yet another unrelated note- Scrubs is so close to real life it's scary. <3 wonderful sitcoms.

The moral of the story today is: take a break. Try something new. Realize that right now is the easiest it's going to get, and be inspired by that. And then go watch some scrubs.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm - so true. Only, instead of Scrubs, I use JONAS :D

    I'm glad you are still feeling the flow of doing what you are meant to do <3

    ReplyDelete