Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Surprise

It's always a beginning, in every end.
This month, things have been weird. I was doing everything right, but I was still really tired. I still felt dizzy. I still felt nauseous.
Which, of course, makes sense when one stops blaming it on a detox burden and takes a pregnancy test.
Obstetrical age- 5 weeks. Embryological age - 3 weeks. Due in early October.
I've known for a couple weeks, though I waited for a test to confirm before telling the folks. Then my folks, defying all expectations, told everyone they know in the world (via facebook!). I was going to wait to talk a bit longer, but there it is. Preggers.
Kindof cosmic, considering that almost every class I have just went over reproductive anatomy and physiology. I'm intimately acquainted with the cellular divisions required for my sea monkey, but I've no idea where this path will lead us. I have a photo of each week so far, coincidentally, so I'm going to keep doing that. I may post some up here sometime.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your parents let the cat out of the bag a little prematurely, but I'm also - selfishly - glad I got to find out so soon and be joyful even longer :) You are such an incredible momma - what a lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete