Sunday, January 30, 2011

No Homework Weekend

I can't seem to get into gear this weekend. I know there's nothing horribly pressing going on, though the week after this will be painfully full of tests. I should be studying anatomy and microbiology for next week, but the only test this week is reproductive physiology. I think I'm all up on how that works.

So instead, I've just been taking the time to enjoy the changes in my body and to get used to the idea. I've never felt more beautiful, which is a little strange because two weeks ago I had nearly achieved that perfect, magazine worthy flat stomach and had been thinking about buying bikinis. I'm starting to show, in that if you had Known that my stomach was originally flat, I have gained back the two pant sizes I had lost. Handy, because this means if I had gone shopping and goodwill-donating like I'd been contemplating, I'd currently be running around naked or re-buying the same size. Instead, I'm comfortably in the clothes I've had all along. And my skin is clearing up.

I think I'm going to dedicate the rest of this weekend to taking naps and baths and putting shea butter and vitamin E on my growing curves, and get back into serious business news after my little retreat.
Also, I used my allowance to buy a hairdryer because of the many baths and showers I'm taking, and replaced my broken purse, which I think will decrease my stress levels even more.

I also bought this:
First purchase for Baby      
 


Which is adorable. And I cried over the transaction, as if having baby possessions is what makes being pregnant real. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment