Tuesday, February 1, 2011

continuation of baby talk, 24/7

At this rate, I'm not going to be able to see my feet because of my gargantuan chest-torpedos, not because of an expanding uterus.
I'm not kidding.

I was already an imaginary size in non-custom-fit bras, and I've graduated to an even more ridiculously imaginary size this week. I'm only 6 weeks pregnant, and breastfeeding is months in the future. If the hormones keep stimulating growth, I'm going to have to acquire a wheelbarrow. and a back brace.

In other news, the nausea seems to have rolled mostly under control, if I keep some tea and a snack handy. I have some somatic reeducation points (that aren't polite to work with in public) and some polite acupressure points that are working really well for me. They even seemed to have reigned in my sense of smell- not to say that it isn't still a super power. But now, when I come home and my wonderful husband has been working out for an hour, while I can't give him a hug- I can stand in the same room.

The napping is lovely (though pathological in its frequency). And totally inappropriate for the beginning of midterms season that it is. This week is only organ systems and palpation, and next week is only anatomy and anatomy lab, but the week after that is going to be wicked brutal. Ethics final, micro midterm, organ systems test, biochem test, all one after the other in a non stop cascade of knowledge download to scantron. 
After this time of trouble and tribulation, two of my classes will end. Which is a little sad, because on the whole, I'd rather be in those two classes and pick two Other classes to end. The schedule change will give me back monday mornings and thursday afternoons,which will be helpful for the studying for the rest of the quarter. And for making appointments in. And for being able to call anyone during their business hours.

And really...business hours? Those are awful for anyone else who also has business hours. When I start my clinic, I'm going to have to figure out how to stay open late once in a while, or work a weekend a month or something, just so average people can come in without missing work or school

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Business hours are the death of sanity in my life!

    And I'm glad you have good methods for curbing the Morning Sickness... Doctor OZ says its the sure sign of a healthy mother, so... yay for you!

    And I'll only touch on the boobs thing a bit; This is the one reason I'm afraid to loose weight, right now I'm proportional, balanced I think. My DAD even told me he was worried if I loose weight that I'll need a breast reduction. ????? LOL! So I can only imagine the audacity of the things getting BIGGER! Ah well, tis all for the greater good of a joyous life which you will have complete dominance over and be able to embarrass and make miserable for years to come! :) Love you hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boobs shrink with weight loss too, so it might do to just lose weight for a while and see if you stay proportional. Pectoral exercises help to balance the back strain of the extreme chesticles, but just keep working towards feeling healthier and everything will sort itself out.

    Yeah, I keep accidentally running into things of late. maybe I need an expanded clearance sign or something.

    ReplyDelete