Wednesday, February 9, 2011

waiting on the answers

Well, 6 needle holes and 3 visits later, I still don't have any results. I think this is probably a good thing, because if my numbers were going the wrong way or something looked dangerous, they would have called me by now. I put a call into my Primary's answering machine this evening, asking if he could find the numbers and get back to me, even though I'll see him on Saturday.
He's so good about calling me back that hopefully by tomorrow, I'll know something.

I also haven't had a reoccurence of the severity of the symptoms, so that's reassuring. On top of that, the nausea is getting worse, like it's supposed to. I'm moody as hell, like I'm supposed to be (sorry, everyone.) I hate the smell of unwashed people with a fiery passion. I'm not fitting into my clothes as easily. I had to retire a shirt this week because it no longer fit over my chest, which is expanding at a ludicrous rate still.

And I'm having lovely, lovely dreams.
A couple nights ago, I dreamed that I was holding a lion cub, and leaned against a glass door. Outside of the glass door, pressed to it just like I was on the inside, was a brown bear cub. Holding the cub, though the only thing visible were arms, was also me. Wrapped around me and the cub was the mama brown bear. A giant wolverine kept watch over all of us, and I felt so safe and cozy. I could feel the fur on my cheek, and the warmth of the pile. From the inside of the glass, I could feel the heat of the sun, and the warmth of my lion.

Later, inspired by a dream interpretation that I didn't agree with, I went and looked everything of that little segment up. Here's my interpretation:

The wolverine watching signifies vigilance and the will to survive. The mother and cub symbolizes motherhood and new life, and the bears themselves represent strength. The glass door represents the transition, and the clarity of the situation. The fact that I'm on both sides of the glass door means that I'm still in the process of transition, and that I'm not fully there because I saw myself more clearly on the inside of the glass. It also suggests heightened awareness and concern. In both places, I was settled down and resting- which suggests that's what I need to do. Holding the lion is holding protectiveness, and the need to be part of a pride, and to relax.

I think this is the most comforting thing that has happened this week. At least my subconscious isn't worried- it just wants me to take more naps. Somewhere in there, I know that I'm strong and that the baby and I both have an incredible will to survive, as we go through this transition. It might be worrisome, and I need to be protective of myself and to rest.
Oh, lovely naps and early bedtimes. So hard with school, and so irresistible. I love naps.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I would say this to someone that I like so very much, but... hurray for nausea! It's really good to hear that, even if you're not really feeling better, you feel better.. you know? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet friend, you are so amazing. Every time I see you (most of the time, the back of your head!) I try to fill you with soft white light and love. I'm so happy you are journaling and yay! for nausea and naps.

    ReplyDelete