Friday, June 3, 2011

always a hot mess.

Interesting tidbits to keep you from thinking I've abandoned the blog-

Van Gogh, Dante, Harriet Tubman, and Agatha Christie all have something in common beyond being a part of this wonderful thing we call the human legacy- They all suffered from seizure disorders.

University of California Los Angeles has a 300 credit hour program entitled "Medical Acupuncture for Physicians", which would not allow them to practice acupuncture in California, a state which requires 3,000 credit hours.  Further proof that mainstream allopathic medicine intends to cherry-pick what they like about natural and traditional medicine, and then do a really bad job at training people to practice in those modalities.

I've been elected donations chair for the student government association at my school. If you'd like to donate something (monetarily or physically, like raffle prizes) please let me know, either via the blog or by email.

The P90X program is a go again. I'm surprised at how much muscle wasting I have on my right side, but I've nonetheless made it through the first weeks, doing the best I can and forgetting the rest. There's something very soothing about hearing Tony Horton yell in the background as I struggle to do my 5th assisted pullup...

My primary, who is about to graduate, gave me these two nuggets of wisdom while we shared some sunshine on the school lawn today:
1- spend as much time in the clinic as you can.
2- Remember that every quarter/stage of life has the potential to be the most anxiety provoking segment of time you've ever dreamed of- so choose to see instead, the potential of every quarter/stage of life has to be the most peaceful and valuable segment of time that you have.


My small brown cat has found a way inside the bottom of my grey, wing back chair. This is distressing, as there are many other places he could lie without destroying my beautiful chair.  I have not found a way to keep him out and do not have the materials to repair the chair. Suggestions?

Females over 35 who smoke and take oral contraceptives have the highest risk of stroke in the united states population.

Biscuits stuffed with spicy tuna mix will always be a delicious, easy to whip up, potluck dish.

I need to sleep. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment