Sunday, August 21, 2011

Medieval times

Though energy is down, and sucking wind is up, our trip to cochen castle was a ton of fun!


From the brown bread with lard to the wasser with gahs (bubblies) to the turkey leg that was the size of my forearm, it was a night that was surprisingly alright on the stomach. (also! First day I haven’t thrown up in Deutchland.)



My husband and I danced with the “Lords and Ladies”, saw two secret passageways, took pictures with the roses (cochen castle is suppose to be sleeping beauty’s castle- I had to get me some rose pictures), and had ice cream down in the town.



Ice cream always stays down. This kid is clearly related to me.



Today is the pig festival in wittlich (or something spelled equivalently) where villagers have been killing pigs out of spite for a very long time. And it’s raining, hurray! I can’t wait to get outside.

Being from the northwest USA, this much straight sunshine and 90 degrees has been weirding me out. Give me yo drizzle, sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment