Thursday, August 18, 2011

Schwangershaft und reisen

One car ride, two airplanes, and a shuttle ride later, we have arrived in Germany!




I told my husband that if he ever gets me knocked up a couple months before we travel to Europe again, we will have harsh words.



My stomach seems to be a bit shy of airport and airplane bathrooms, so instead of being nauseous, throwing up, and then feeling better for a couple hours before putting that cycle on repeat, I was miserable for pretty much the whole trip. Of course, airplane food doesn’t really help the situation. Nor did the devil child in the chair behind me, who kicked my seat for 8 hours while it’s father indulgently smiled at the little spawn.

Once we got to the in-laws house (which is absolutely gorgeous, btdubs) and I puked for a while, then took a nap, everything was much better.



I’ve even eaten meat (!!!)

We went out to dinner last night, and I had grechensnetzle or something equivalent, which turned out to be gyro meat (lamb) and french fries in a delicious goo. Totally stayed down.

Being able to carnivore it up makes me happy.



Speaking of which- 9 weeks along!

Baby’s got fingers (webbed) and is working on finishing those 4 heart chambers this week. Go, baby, go!



I can feel my skin starting to stretch out on my abdomen. It’s weird, it feels like I’m perpetually at the level of stretch that I’d normally have during a total backbend. Mother-in-law gave me a bottle of cream that helped her, and I started using that last night. So thoughtful! I had no inkling of bringing skin care stuff like that. I’m glad that Moms and Mominlaws know what ya need, cuz I’m so clueless.



All the clinical embryology in the world doesn’t actually give you any common sense.



Now, for a lovely day of German bread, chocolate, and walking in beautiful old streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment