Sunday, May 16, 2010

freewrite.

I read a series called the Dresden Files (which is also a show on the Scifi channel, I know, I know, but I'm talking about the books) and I remember being struck by the concept of soul fire, and of how it was explained.
The way it works is by breaking a piece of your soul, and using it. In the books, and in real life, we get really hung up on that breaking bit. Maybe breaking is too strong of a word.
We share ourselves, and our souls, with everyone who comes into contact with us. It grows back, expands, fills over the nicks of being wrenched through an unequal share or an unrequited share. But still, the pieces are scattered. We share energy, self, with everyone whom we've loved.
There's no such thing as a one true love, or if there is- that couple is sorely limiting themselves. It would be like a mother who had less and less love to share the more children that she had. Love is not a limiting entity. It is meant to be shared, the more given away- the more returned.
We profoundly affect everyone with whom we share ourselves. We give ourselves away, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and hopefully that is returned. If not, our souls grow back. We cannot expect to be loved simply because we love, but even unrequited, we know that we have shared, we have created, we have changed.
Love is not static.
So our souls grow and spill over and are broken, but they keep growing and spilling and breaking and the greatest of this is simply, love. Faith and hope fade away, but love....
love is a choice.
and I- freely knowing that this will break my soul, knowing that I may never get anything in return, knowing even that it will change me and my life- love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment