Thursday, May 13, 2010

oh, these lazy summer days.

It's absolutely ironic that we fall out of touch with anyone, ever. Facebook, email, instant message, text message, blue tooth- and yet I still only call my family about once a week. I still communicate with one of my uncles by letter only. How is this possible?
Of course, communication requires two people. I can send as many messages as I like, and if no one responds to them, communication is not happening.

and now, for something completely different:
this summer I have
  • Taken a bus
  • rollerbladed
  • skinned my knees
  • stared at jellyfish
  • watched more than one season of a tv show
  • gone on a several mile walk
  • eaten at three new restaurants
  • tried a new drink
  • started packing
  • finished my exit interviews from the school
  • sent an email to a friend I haven't talked to since christmas break
  • started praying nightly
Some other things on my list for summer include
  • figuring out my paperwork
  • moving twice
  • floating down several rivers on a giant inflatable orca
  • skinny dipping
  • having a super soaker war
  • helping in the garden
  • going to the beach
  • getting burned a glorious brown
  • dying my hair back to its natural color- brown
  • going to the jazz and blues festival
  • going to the National Naturopathic conference
  • having an anniversary barbecue
  • getting into better shape
  • riding a bike
  • having fun with friends
  • staying in touch with far away friends
  • making new friends
with that in mind, I should probably call my grandma and then get started. There's never time to waste

No comments:

Post a Comment