Friday, May 7, 2010

there's a certain adrenaline rush...

"Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?"
- Switchfoot, dare you to move

Tonight, my class got hoods- the red and white silk interior symbolizing my alma mater, the yellow band representing my science degree. I also have cords and medals symbolizing my grade point, excellence in biology, involvement in the school's honor society, and St. Benedict's influence on my education.
It was all so surreal before I walked up for my hood.
Tomorrow is the end.
I'm going to miss the random noises of my friends as they make tea. Debates on the implications of mortal sin and choices. I'm going to miss my professors and my friends and my routine. I'm very comfortable here.
But comfortable is rarely synonymous with moving forward, and so I look at my unease about the future as a good thing. Next month, when we move to Sheridan for a couple of weeks, I'll be moving forward. When we find an apartment in Portland, I'll be moving forward. When I start med school in September, I'll be moving forward.

I may be afraid, but at least I'm not standing still

I hope my friends here keep in contact, if only because eventually I feel strange about one sided text messages, emails, and voice mails (Where do you draw the line for stalking, anyways?) I hope that I like wherever we live next. I hope that moving twice isn't too terribly awful, and that none of our stuff gets lost. I hope I can find a church that I like as much as I like St. Martin's. I'm very full of hopes.


No comments:

Post a Comment